Settling Well is a partnership between Citizens Advice Sandwell & Walsall and Brushstrokes, helping newcomers to settle well in Sandwell, becoming economically and socially active and starting to contribute to the life of their local community.
The project is funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Who can receive support?
Sandwell residents who have newly arrived in the UK in the last 2 years.
Support will not be available through the project for asylum seekers or individuals who are in the UK without leave to remain.
What support can we provide?
Our support workers known as Community Navigators will deliver very practical advice and hands-on support to newcomers, dealing with their immediate issues and helping them to settle more permanently in Sandwell:
- Dealing with immediate problems, through advice on housing, benefits
- Support to access immigration advice
- “Settling Well” orientation to their new community. This will include accompanying clients to appointments, GP and dentist registration, familiarisation with appropriate use of health services, awareness of housing rights and responsibilities, familiarisation with local waste disposal arrangements
- Support to access English classes
- Linking into local activities in the communities where the migrants settle, bringing resident communities and migrants together.
Our approach – flexible and joined up preventative advice and support, tailored to meet the needs of each client.
To make a referral
You can contact us…
Telephone: 0121 553 6431 (Option 5)