Get help applying for Universal Credit
Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from an application, through to your first payment.
Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.
Call us for free: 0800 144 8 444
You can get help at the following locations:
- West Bromwich Jobcentre Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 9am – 1pm and Wed 10am – 1pm
- Oldbury Jobcentre Mon, Tues and Thurs 9am – 1pm and Weds 10am – 1pm
- Smethwick Jobcentre Mon, Tues and Thurs 9am – 1pm and Weds 10am – 1pm
- Tipton Jobcentre Mon, Thurs and Fri 9am – 1pm and Weds 10am – 1pm
- Halesowen Jobcentre Mon 9am – 1pm
- Walsall Bayard House Mon-Tues 9am – 1pm
- Bilston Jobcentre Mon 9am – 1pm
- Perry Barr Jobcentre Mon and Tues 9am – 1pm
- Selly Oak Jobcentre Mon and Tues 9am – 1pm
- Handsworth Jobcentre Thurs 9am – 1pm
- Broad Street Jobcentre Fri 9am – 1pm
- Dudley Jobcentre Thurs 9.30am – 1pm
- Jubilee Park Community Centre Thurs 9am – 1pm
For online advice or to chat live to an adviser, please visit: citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim
We may also be able to see claimants at the Citizens Advice office in West Bromwich during the opening times. Help and support is based on when advisers are available. Just drop-in and speak to reception.
If you’re a local organisation working with people who need to help to apply for Universal Credit you can get in touch with the Help to Claim Supervisor – Rachael Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how you can signpost or refer people to our service. You can also use this email address to book appointments at our Cradley Heath Citizens Advice office.
Last updated: 5th July 2019